- Duration: An enriching program spanning from July to the first week of August. We go from 9 am to 4 pm every Monday through Thursday. For those interest in offering this program it is 150 hours of learning and fun.
- Audience: Designed for rising 3rd to 6th-grade students, accommodating up to 40 participants.
- Interdisciplinary Learning: The Urban Design & Sustainability Program (UDSP) merges art, culinary, agriculture, and permaculture design into an exciting curriculum.
- Educational Approach: Combining service-learning with a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) perspective, incorporating creativity into traditional STEM subjects.
- Arts: Engaging activities like herbalism, botanical art, crafting animal habitats, and utilizing garden resources in culinary arts.
- Permaculture Design: Young minds will create three distinct designs encompassing gardens, farms, and even entire cities.
- Agriculture: Participants acquire hands-on gardening skills, from seed planting to crop harvesting and seed preservation.
- Program Objectives:
- Providing an introductory insight into permaculture design.
- Instilling an understanding of sustainable horticulture practices.
- Developing valuable culinary skills.
- Program Highlights:
- Culmination with final presentations of fully-fledged permaculture designs.
- A delicious student-prepared feast.
- Creative art projects showcasing newfound knowledge and talents.
Embark on a memorable learning journey with UDSP, where students explore sustainability through creativity, hands-on activities, and interdisciplinary education!