- Duration: A comprehensive 4-week series in April & May.
- Audience: Tailored for Pre-K to 8th-grade students
- Program Highlights:
- Introduction to permaculture design and agriculture skills.
- Fostering conservation, civic engagement, and support for urban green spaces.
- A central focus on creating a sustainable spring garden.
- Encouraging students to work in harmony with nature.
- Skill development in observation, plant identification, and planting techniques.
- Program Objectives:
- Designing ecosystems.
- Exploring the concept of a healthy garden.
- Understanding urban nature.
- Promoting environmental stewardship.
- Teaching Approach: Combines classroom-based and garden sessions.
- Learning Outcomes:
- Enhanced plant identification and observation skills.
- Proficiency in planting plants and seeds.
- Knowledge of pollinators, beneficial insects, and animal habitats
Interested in creating your own program to nurture young environmental stewards? Contact us!
Garden students at Central Park East 2 ( Spanish Harlem, NYC)